I’ve just finished the Revive Your Inbox programme from Baydin, “a 21 Day course to help you restore email sanity”.
“Invest 20 minutes a day for 21 days. Revive Your Inbox is designed to reduce the amount of email you receive and learn to deal better with the ones that matter.”
- Improve your communication skills
- Eliminate the causes of email anxiety
- Enjoy more free time
I’ve always been quite good at managing email – one thing a good PR person needs to be great at, which is doubly true now I’m freelance and don’t have colleagues to chase me when I haven’t answered a message or just a quick nudge to say “can you get back to the client on that?”
Lots of the tips, tricks and process I already have as part of my daily routine, but there were plenty of useful tips and exercises that I’ve learnt and am now sticking to as well. Even just doing the first 4 or 5 days will make a big difference to your inbox.
You can sign up to Revive Your Inbox here or below is the complete list of courses if you feel like picking and choosing ones that sound best for you.
Give it a try – it might just make you believe in email again!
- Day 1: Turn off Email Notifications
- Day 2: Unsubscribe from Junk Email
- Day 3: Learn How to Search for Email
- Day 4: Inbox Philosophy
- Day 5: Cleaning up a messy inbox
- Day 6: Deferring a message for later
- Day 7: Delete It
- Day 8: Five Sentence Emails
- Day 9: The Ultimate Email Workflow
- Day 10: Timers and Feedback make Email Clients better
- Day 11: Dealing with difficult email
- Day 12: How to use templates to automate email
- Day 13: Advanced Email Etiquette
- Day 14: Schedule Emails to Be Sent Later
- Day 15: Habit Reinforcement Day
- Day 16: How to Mute an Email Thread
- Day 17: Folders and Labels Revisited
- Day 18: Filters and Rules
- Day 19 – Keyboard Shortcuts
- Day 20 – Productivity Boosting Add-ons
- Day 21 – Sticking with the Program