Instagram, the mobile photo sharing community, are doing a great job of showcasing how different charities are using the platform to engage with a new community of users, all through sharing photos.
They list 3 examples in their post on Nonprofit organizations using Instagram: Robin Hood NYC, Oceana and Charity: Water.
Here’s the tactics being used by those 3 charities to tell their stories:
- Use Instagram to live stream fan photos from a fundraising event
- Develop a custom photo visualization using Instagram’s API.
- Encouraging Instagrammers to share their photos of engaging with your cause ocean.
- Hashtag photos appropriately to get them included among the other relevant photos already on Instagram
- shares photos from the field to show the impact of your work
- Take snapshots from around the office to show what the team is working on
Know any other charities using Instagram in innovative ways? You can send an email to [email protected] and might even get featured by them!