Hello Bonsai is dedicated to helping freelancers and companies work better together. They’re building solutions to support a future where work is flexible and globally distributed.
Here are the main features that Hello Bonsai promises:
- Faster payments: Freelancers get paid an average of 13 days faster, and have 3x fewer late payments with Bonsai.
- More time: Bonsai automatically generates and fills all your documents as soon as you start a new project. Less worry, more time.
- Legal assets: With templated contracts and legally binding e-signature, Bonsai helps you cover your business.
- Peace of mind: Because you got everything organised, you’ll never worry again about missing a deadline or forgetting a document.
But is Hello Bonsai any good and should you use it for your freelance work? Take a look at our Hello Bonsai review.
In this article:
Hello Bonsai Review
- 14-day free trial
- From $16/month
- Sign up at hellobonsai.com
What is Hello Bonsai?
Hello Bonsai is everything you need to run your freelance business.
Their all-in-one software suite makes it easy to manage your paperwork, keep track of your finances, be prepared for tax season, and more.
Ultimately, Hello Bonsai can give you peace of mind to focus on your craft with online contracts and more.
Hello Bonsai can help you to:
- create winning proposal templates
- quote templates
- scope of work templates
- get notified when the client replies
- Draft bullet-proof contract templates in minutes
- Easily send contract for e-signature
- Get paid on time whenever you create and send professional invoice templates using Bonsai.
Unlike some other options, like Freshbooks or Quickbooks, Hello Bonsai is intuitive and easy to use.
Hello Bonsai’s founder Matt Brown said he built it to “make that annoying and confusing contract for freelance dev and design work easier to create, understand, and sign.”
Matt’s hope is that Hello Bonsai helps build better relationships with clients and gives you one less thing to worry about when freelancing.
The main use cases for Hello Bonsai are twofold:
- Generating contracts; and
- Automating invoicing;
You can even send your clients automated reminders to help you get paid faster.
There other things Bonsai is legitimately great at, such as basic accounting, creating proposals and tracking your hours, but some freelancers have found better freelance tools.
Hello Bonsai Features
- Read-receipt notifications
- Auto reminders
- Client management
- Project management
- Secured messaging
- Multiple currencies
- Data export & import
- Chat support
- Weekly reminders
Hello Bonsai Pros
- Streamlined and simplified client onboarding process.
- Excellent client contracts and invoice system: clients sign their contracts and pay their invoices quickly and easily
- The software will tailor your contracts specific to the project you have at hand.
- Nice to streamline the filling and e-signing of a contract
- Invoicing with Bonsai is robust without making its UI all that cluttered
Hello Bonsai Cons
- Limited language settings: you’re not going to get much use out of it if you’re not in an English-speaking country
- Limited customisation options for contracts generated through their system
- Freelancers and small business may find more complete accounting packages elsewhere
What freelancers think of Hello Bonsai
“The best part of it all: you can send a W-9 to clients. Having that on board will be so helpful during tax season!” – So Am I Write
“Hello Bonsai is a really great tool for freelancers and agencies. You can keep all your project’s contracts and billing in one place.” – Crafting Hands
“After you have your contract templates set up, it’s just a few clicks and your contract is on its way to your client’s inbox. And after sending my clients their contracts and invoices, most of them (if not all) signed and paid their deposit the next day.” – Molly
Want to find out more about how Hello Bonsia can help you in your specific needs? See below for the specific ways that Hello Bonsai might apply to you:
- Small business owners
- Interior Designers
- Bonsai Invoicing
- Bonsai Invoice Templates
- Bonsai Contracts
- Bonsai Contracts Templates
- Bonsai Proposals
- Bonsai Proposals Templates
- Bonsai Scheduling
- Bonsai Banking
- Bonsai Tax
- Bonsai CRM
- Bonsai Time Tracking
- Bonsai Task Management
- Bonsai Bookkeeping
There are plenty of invoicing systems and marketplaces for freelancers out there, but what sets Hello Bonsai freelance tools apart is the element of guidance and the simplified nature of its service.
With today’s digital economy allowing for the career flexibility that freelancers crave, we recommend Hello Bonsai as a viable choice for freelancers everywhere.
Read our roundup of the best online accounting software for freelancers and small business.